The CDC has been monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus as well as this year’s flu strains. The following are recommendations from the CDC for the treatment and prevention of the viruses causing flu symptoms.
You may be able to reduce your risk with the following suggestions:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
To protect others, if you have symptoms:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough, then discard the tissue and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
At this time there are no specific treatments for illnesses caused by the Coronaviruses. Most people will recover on their own, however, the following may help relieve the symptoms:
- Take pain and fever medications. (Remember: do not give Aspirin to children)
- Use a room humidifier or take a hot shower.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay home and rest.
If you are concerned about your symptoms contact your healthcare provider. For further information or resources, visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov.