June 9, 2020
Dear Memorial School Parents/Guardians of 8thGrade Graduates:
In accordance with the Governor’s recent guidance, we are pleased to be able to offer two ways for our graduates and their families to celebrate this momentous occasion. On Thursday, June 18, from 2-6 PM, we will be hosting a Drive-Through Diploma Presentation and photo opportunity at the entrance of Memorial School. To minimize crowd size as well as traffic, Memorial School graduates will be assigned a one-hour window to come to the school and follow the traffic pattern established within the parking lot. As each car approaches the entrance of the school, the Memorial School graduate may exit along with a maximum of two guests to receive their diploma. Afterward, the graduate and their guests may proceed to an area adjacent to the diploma table where they may take a quick photo in an area designed to recreate a traditional graduation experience. In order to keep the procession safe and fluid, we kindly ask that each graduate and their family adhere to the following procedures:
- Only two guests may exit the car for the photo opportunity.
- Please be mindful of the other graduates in line and take your photo in a timely manner.
- Graduates should report to school at the following times based on the first letter of their last name. (2-3PM) Letters A-C, (3-4PM ) Letters D-M, (4-5PM) Letters N-R, (5-6PM) Letters S-Z.
- Eatontown Police Officers will be onsite to ensure safety and social distancing measures are followed.
- Families will be responsible for taking the photo of their graduate. School staff will not be able to assist in this task.
- If a rain date is needed, the school will reschedule on Friday, June 19th or Monday, June 22nd.
Later, at 7 PM on June 18th, the 2020 Memorial Middle School Virtual Graduation will be presented online. You may view this presentation by clicking a link contained in the district’s Parent Portal email. The email will be sent to parents on Thursday, June 18th. While there is no substitute for a traditional graduation ceremony, it is our goal to make this a special day for our graduates in a fun, safe, and memorable way.